Control Room Operator
This is WITRON
The WITRON group is a strong partner for highly automated logistic systems. From planning to realization and up to maintenance. Our teams – far more than just mechanics, electronic technicians, mechatronic engineers – follow the beat and lend a hand with our high-tech systems. Professional and perfectly equipped with full power for finding the best solution.
At Witron the Local Control Center (LCC) is the brain of the entire warehouse operation, and the Control Room Operator is the mind behind the operation. The Control Room Operator will support the operation of an automated material handling system through real-time system monitoring and root cause analysis to maximize system up-time, ensure productivity benchmarks, and drive continuous improvement initiatives. Using a wide array of in-house and industry IT solutions, this person will collaborate with team leads, system operators, and electro-mechanical technicians to address faults, escalate issues, and fine tune performance. A successful Control Room Operator will be analytical, outcome-driven, and proactive.
- Operation and fault correction of automated material handling equipment in a fast production environment.
- Mechanical, operational, and computer systems diagnosis and support.
- Correcting workflow problems.
- Starting and maintaining a constant workflow.
- Monitoring orders throughout the system to ensure departure times for the customer.
- Perform system monitoring (e.g. order cycle, pick performance, material flow)
- Maintain a constant flow of the system during repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Create documentation based on troubleshooting scenarios, Compose and maintain effective technical documentation (e.g training material, technical specification) Continuous Improvement.
- Support in escalation management.
- Maintain user rights in WIN and WITRON WMS.
- Responsible for Kroger and WITRON help desk.
- Troubleshoot onsite devices – Printers, thin-clients, PBV devices, computer hardware/
- Report daily on OPM, CPS, loading, pallet pick and receiving performance (Daily Pass-down)
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Associates Degree in IT related field is preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of office and warehouse experience preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
- Basic knowledge of network infrastructure, and network connectivity.
- Proficient in Windows - File pathways, Active Directory, IP Address configurations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint, ShareDrive and Outlook) Required
- PC Skills – Basic understanding of computer components, computer hardware, Internet Connection, Proxy Settings etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively both formally and informally
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Hands-on learner with ability to acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask.
- Experience in operating automated equipment a plus.
- Knowledge of the metric system.
- Analytical understanding with the ability to solve problems
- Continuous walking and standing
- Lifting, pulling and pushing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to adapt to temperature changes in a warehouse environment
- Flexibility to work shifts as assigned
Our benefits at Temple
Your advantages at a glance. Discover the win-win
Your secure feeling is of great importance to us. Find out about our added values and special benefits.
We are there for one another and as a company we strive to always become better. You can look forward to being part of a great team environment.
Employees will have the opportunity to participate in our WITRON bonus program once eligible.
WITRON has a tradition of observing “Special Days” in our employees lives and will provide added benefits or bonuses to help celebrate certain milestones.
We will provide you with brand name work apparel and professional tools to make sure all of our employees have the right equipment to do the job.
Collaboration, an open-door policy, various company events and team building measures are a part of WITRON. A company with modern values and positive culture is waiting for you.
Support & Opportunity
Performance is worth the effort. Your potential will be both recognized and supported. Career opportunities are available for all of our employees, come grow with WITRON.
Our site at Temple
Logistics automation – and where to find it
Any further questions?
Your on-site contact
We care about your career start at WITRON and are looking forward to receiving your questions by e-mail. If you like to submit your application, please use our online form.