Continuous Improvement Specialist
This is WITRON
The WITRON group is a strong partner for highly automated logistic systems. From planning to realization and up to maintenance. Our teams – far more than just mechanics, electronic technicians, mechatronic engineers – follow the beat and lend a hand with our high-tech systems. Professional and perfectly equipped with full power for finding the best solution.
The Continuous Improvement Specialist is responsible for ensuring daily production targets are met through effective leadership, collaboration, and problem-solving with a focus on continuous improvement and process engineering. Acting as a front-line manager, the Continuous Improvement Specialist will provide direct instruction and guidance to system operators while partnering with Maintenance, Onsite IT, and external partners to ensure system up-time. They will monitor and improve organizational processes with the aim of making them as efficient as possible.
- Analyze existing business processes, develop short- and long-term strategies for the company by incorporating Six Sigma, Agile and other practices.
- Coordinate and lead key projects for improvement across the organization
- Creating measurable project standards and comparing project results against them.
- Promote compliance with all relevant company policies and government regulations including OSHA
- Lead by example through results-focused, people-centered direction, feedback, and coaching
- Develop effective processes to maintain system performance through shift changes, high volume periods, and irregular operations in conjunction with other stakeholders
- Maintain open and transparent relationships with customer and other vendor contacts to ensure maximum system performance
- Ensure operational process consistency and employee development through the design and execution of uniform training and assessment programs
- Follow established escalation guidelines in the event of system downtime or irregular operations
- Analyze operational processes and equipment, complete root cause analysis and drive equipment reliability and process stability.
- Leverage detailed reporting to understand system performance and implement continuous improvement projects around employee performance and system operations
- Coordinate with Maintenance Team to ensure minimal system impact in the execution of preventive and ad hoc maintenance activities
- Participate and lead (as necessary) team, site, and customer meetings to ensure open, effective communications centered on collaborative efforts to meet production goals
Education & Experience
- Required: High school diploma with 1-3 years’ experience in a supervisory in a fast-paced warehouse, light industry, or related environment
- Preferred: Associates degree in a relevant subject with 3-5 years’ experience in a supervisory role in a fast-paced warehouse, light industry, or related environment
- Familiarity with automated material handling systems strongly preferred
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to coordinate and supervise a team of frontline system operators
- Knowledge and basic skills in Lean Manufacturing and Project Management.
- Strong understanding of automated material handling systems
- Familiarity with basic logistics and supply chain principles
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks and workload
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of OSHA Safety guidelines
- Occasional travel within North America may be required to undergo training and/or support sister sites; rare international travel may be necessary in support of company-wide initiatives
Scheduling & Availability
- Must be able to work all shifts including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be available by phone 24/7 in the event of irregular operations and/or escalation
- Ability to work at heights of 80-100 feet
- Ability to adapt to a warehouse environment with temperatures ranging from +34 degrees to -15 degrees
- Ability to walk/stand during a designated shift
- Lifting, pulling and pushing up to 50 pounds
Our benefits at Lancaster
Your advantages at a glance. Discover the win-win
Your secure feeling is of great importance to us. Find out about our added values and special benefits.
Special benefits in Lancaster
Paid special days, health services (e.g. medial, dentist and vision insurance), retirement bonus, ...
We are there for one another and as a company we strive to always become better. You can look forward to being part of a great team environment.
Employees will have the opportunity to participate in our WITRON bonus program once eligible.
WITRON has a tradition of observing “Special Days” in our employees lives and will provide added benefits or bonuses to help celebrate certain milestones.
We will provide you with brand name work apparel and professional tools to make sure all of our employees have the right equipment to do the job.
Collaboration, an open-door policy, various company events and team building measures are a part of WITRON. A company with modern values and positive culture is waiting for you.
Support & Opportunity
Performance is worth the effort. Your potential will be both recognized and supported. Career opportunities are available for all of our employees, come grow with WITRON.
Our site at Lancaster
Logistics automation – and where to find it
Any further questions?
Your on-site contact
We care about your career start at WITRON and are looking forward to receiving your questions by e-mail. If you like to submit your application, please use our online form.