WITRON Service Australia (PTY) Ltd.
Maintenance Technician - Brand New Automated Facility
available from 28.02.2023
This is WITRON
The WITRON group is a strong partner for highly automated logistic systems. From planning to realization and up to maintenance. Our teams – far more than just mechanics, electronic technicians, mechatronic engineers – follow the beat and lend a hand with our high-tech systems. Professional and perfectly equipped with full power for finding the best solution.
We offer you
- a performance-related remuneration system: WITRON bonus, pension plan & social benefits
- an appreciative work environment: Flat hierarchies, personal culture, trust & respect
- development opportunities: Training, further education & talent factory
- safety: Family business & future-proof industry
- challenges: Multifaceted tasks, high-tech & innovative ideas
Your role in our team
As this is a brand-new site still under construction, the opportunities for motivated employees are unlimited - you'll get the opportunity to commence your training at our Redbank, QLD site (working a 2 week on, 1 week off roster and including flights, accommodation, vehicle access and a daily travel allowance). As our team and structure grow, you'll also have the chance to express your interest to progress into Team Management and Support roles.
Working as part of a cross functional team you'll primarily support daily operations by resolving system faults of both technical and operational nature to maximize system performance.
On any given day, this may include:
- Monitoring, operation, fault correction and housekeeping of automated material handling equipment in a fast-paced production environment.
- Troubleshoot basic mechanical, electrical and computer system issues and escalates as appropriate, coach and mentor the production team to increase knowledge.
- Maximize system performance and up-time through effective execution of all maintenance related activities.
- Investigate and resolve system material flow issues working in partnership with the operational production team.
- Facilitate continuous improvement activates through broad system knowledge and site-specific enhancements.
Ideal candidate profile
- A genuine interest in automation and technology, with the aptitude to learn new concepts and procedures.
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude (ideally trade qualified)
- Familiar with electrics/mechanics in drive technology (motors/gears)
- Familiar with control technology (PLC/controls/inverters)
- General knowledge of wiring diagrams and electrical measuring
- Must be willing and able to work rotating shift work (including evenings, nights, weekends and publics holidays).
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, attention to detail and critical thinking.
- Frequent walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, and standing for long periods of time.
- Working at heights of up to 30 meters (wearing fall-arrest gear and other PPE).
- Lifting, pulling, pushing up to 25kgs unassisted.
Our benefits at Kemps Creek
Your advantages at a glance. Discover the win-win
Your secure feeling is of great importance to us. Find out about our added values and special benefits.
Kemps Creek benefit
Special benefits in Kemps Creek
Paid special leave for family occasions, Educational Assistance Programme, outstanding health services,...
We are there for one another and as a company we strive to always become better. You can look forward to being part of a great team environment.
Employees will have the opportunity to participate in our WITRON bonus program once eligible.
WITRON has a tradition of observing “Special Days” in our employees lives and will provide added benefits or bonuses to help celebrate certain milestones.
We will provide you with brand name work apparel and professional tools to make sure all of our employees have the right equipment to do the job.
Collaboration, an open-door policy, various company events and team building measures are a part of WITRON. A company with modern values and positive culture is waiting for you.
Support & Opportunity
Performance is worth the effort. Your potential will be both recognized and supported. Career opportunities are available for all of our employees, come grow with WITRON.
Our site at Kemps Creek
Logistics automation – and where to find it
Any further questions?
Your on-site contact
We care about your career start at WITRON and are looking forward to receiving your questions by e-mail. If you like to submit your application, please use our online form.