The Maintenance Manager is responsible for leading the maintenance of an automated material handling system in a warehouse environment. This person will lead, mentor, and coach the site maintenance team and provide support to the Site Manager in the day-to-day operations of the system. This is a hands-on position that requires a commitment to be present on the floor with his/her team and be available as the subject matter expert to lead the repair and preventive maintenance routines.
- Effectively lead a team of electro-mechanical technicians in the maintenance, repair, and enhancement of an advanced warehouse automated material handling system
- Directly manage team leads, promote a sense of innovation, commitment, and success in all maintenance team activities through people-centric coaching, mentoring, and development
- Ensure the proper review of system condition through constant evaluation and analysis of system performance in conjunction with the continuous improvement team
- Build and lead the execution of efficient preventive maintenance schedules to minimize operational impact and ensure production targets are met or exceeded
- Direct the activity of the spare parts clerk to ensure the necessary inventory to guarantee system performance and the timely resolution of breakdowns
- Drive compliance in the fields of safety, human resources policy, and general best practices
- Support the Site Manager in the overall leadership of the local team and serve as a proxy in his absence with colleagues, the customer and internal senior management
This site operates 24/7, and thus the Maintenance Manager is responsible for scheduling and overseeing the continuous duties of his/her team.